Company: Salvation Army USA
Location: Union City
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center is seeking a
Sales Associate to
be responsible to perform a wide variety of duties in order to
create and sustain a pleasant and hospitable work environment and
maintain customer relationships.
- Assist in creating a pleasant and hospitable work environment
and maintain good customer relationships.
- Assist, as required, with store operations.
- Serve all customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Handle all donations with care and donors with respect and
- Handle merchandise as directed, always maintaining proper
categories and colorization.
- Ensure that store is sufficiently stocked and "ragged out" in
accordance with the "ARC COMMAND RAG OUT CALENDAR."
- Assist in cleaning and general maintenance of store
- Immediately report theft, customer complaints, injuries, and
any unsafe equipment or conditions to management.
- Maintain a clean and clutter free work area.
- Be well-versed in and comply with, Guide to Thrift Store &
Donation Center Operations
- This position will support the work therapy program component
of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Centers by providing to
beneficiaries; an example of professional conduct, work habits, and
supervision (as directed by Supervisor).
- Other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor, Store
Supervisor, Assistant Store Supervisor, and/or Administrator.
- Sort, hang, tag, price and distribute to all departments
donations as necessary when the warehouse does not send needed
- Clean, sort and price shoes, furniture, domestics, books,
records, bric-a-brac, electronics, toys, and jewelry from warehouse
and distribute to appropriate department.
- Comply with all cash handling and security standards as relates
to cash register operations, daily sales reports and bank
- Sort, price, stock and "rag out" merchandise as directed.
- Restock fitting room merchandise back to racks in proper
category and color code
- Maintain merchandise displays as directed.
- Answer telephone calls in an efficient, friendly, professional
- Maintain the cleanliness of the sales floor, bathrooms, entry,
windows, sidewalks and parking areas daily.
- Accept donations in accordance with standard policies while
providing courteous, respectful service to the donor
- Able to lift 100 pounds.
- Receive and receipt, as per policy, all donated material in a
courteous and efficient manner. Maintain cleanliness of all
- Safeguard all donated materials and assigned equipment.
- Ensure a constant flow of donations to the sorting table
throughout the day.
- Assist with ragging out the sales floor as assigned.
- Perform lawn and garden work as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to speak and understand English for effective
communication with supervisors, employees, beneficiaries, and
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Keywords: Salvation Army USA, Union City , Sales Associate, Other , Union City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!