US0076 Sysco Metro New York, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Driver Helper will be responsible for delivering orders to
customers on time and in good condition while maintaining a
professional demeanor along with using preferred work methods to
perform the job safely and successfully while satisfying the
- Load and unload the truck and/or company vehicles by hand or by
use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Unload and verify all returning products with the appropriate
- Pad, stack, and secure items in position to prevent damage
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- May operate company non-commercial vehicle to deliver a product
to the customer as directed by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Accurately count and deliver orders.
- Assist Drivers off-load products to customers.
- Able to lift up to 90 lbs. (Average case weight is 50
- Deliver food and related items to customers by unloading
product from trailer and transporting it to a specified
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform a job safely and participate in on-going safety
- Adhere to established work schedule and attendance standards,
and be punctual to work and meetings.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
- Two-wheel dolly experience.
- Equipment operations experience.
- Able to count money and keep account of merchandise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift up to 90 lbs. and climb in and out of truck
throughout the day
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the
month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the
Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits
include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days
off, including sick leave and vacation.
to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation,
its subsidiaries and affiliates.